Vandaag GEEN start. Het weer is vooral slecht gedurende de vaart naar het noorden (Colorado). Morgenmiddag opnieuw briefing, en dan volgt een nieuwe update.
Volgende informatie verscheen ter plaatse :
After looking at weather forecasts, America’s Challenge Gas Balloon Race officials have decided to postpone tonight’s scheduled launch. The next possible launch time would be late Sunday afternoon, October 8. Officials will meet with the 13 participating race teams again on Sunday at noon MDT to review weather forecasts and determine whether the race can launch Sunday evening.
In determining whether to launch the gas race, officials have to consider both the conditions in Albuquerque at the time the balloons are inflating and taking off and the weather the balloons will fly into as they move across the country. Although conditions at Balloon Fiesta Park right now are good, the race meteorologists and officials are concerned about the weather the balloons will encounter as they move northward from Albuquerque and try to fly the greatest distance from the launch point.